You or someone you know may be eligible for help with home heating bills. The following assistance programs are available for limited-income residents in Michigan.
- Payment Arrangements
Schedule monthly payments to pay off a past-due balance.
- Winter Protection Plan
Protects from service shut-off and high energy bill payments during winter months.
- 2012 Earned Income Tax Credit
Special tax credits for limited-income customers.
- 2012 Home Heating Tax Credit
Credit on income taxes that helps pay home heating costs.
- Crisis Assistance Program
Additional energy assistance, available year-round, for those facing a service shut-off.
- Low Income Weatherization Assistance Program
Provides free home energy conservation services to eligible homeowners and renters.
- Medical Emergency Protection
Helps in preventing disconnection in households where there is a medical need for electric service.
- Michigan Home Heating Assistance Program
Get help with home heating bills in Michigan.
- Shut-off Protection for Customers on Active Duty in the Military
Assistance for active military personnel and their spouses.
- Third-Party Notification
Select a third party to be notified, and act on your behalf, if your account faces disconnection.
- Energy Gift Certificates
Give the gift of energy to family and friends.