If yours is like the average home, bathroom lighting is one of the most used fixtures. In addition to replacing incandescent bulbs with CFLs, controlling the humidity in your bathroom will help increase bulb life.
- Skill Level: Basic (fan installed); Advanced (installing a fan)
- It’s easy to run your bathroom’s ventilation fan during showers and baths, and for 15 minutes afterward, to save your CFL bulbs. If you don’t have a bathroom fan, installation can take an advanced level of skill.
- Cost Range: $50-$200
- If you have to install a bathroom ventilation fan, expect to pay between $50 and $200 for a quality system, plus installation.
- Savings: Approximately $6 per bulb annually
- For every CFL bulb you don’t have to replace, you’ll have a few more dollars to spend where you’d like.