Complete our convenient online applications for the following electric service requests:
- Installing new electric service to your property.
- Upgrading existing electric service at your property.
- Relocating existing electric service at your property.
- Installing yard light(s) at your property.
4 Easy Steps For A Timely Service Installation
- Submit a completed service application at least 1 week prior to any excavation and completed a Commercial Credit Application.
- Submit a completed Property Site Sketch and Liability Waiver form along with your application, or within 3 business days of submitting your application.
- Prepare your building site. These service installation requirements must be met prior to scheduling your service installation.
- Final building site plan must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic version in Microstation or Autocad format) or mailed to UPPCO at: Upper Peninsula Power Company, 500 N Washington St, Ishpeming, MI 49801 (paper version).
- Smaller jobs without an architectural building site plan can email a Property Site Sketch & Liability Waiver form to email@example.com or fax to 906-485-2431
- Electric Load Data Form must be completed within 3 business days of submitting your application.
- The construction site and building foundation must be back-filled to within 6″ of final grade.
- The service route is to be cleared 10′ wide of brush, building materials, etc.
- The electric metering equipment installed.
- If a cement pad for the transformer was poured, the pad must be cured for 10 days.
- An electrical inspection is required.
- Any private underground facilities must be marked and paths located.
- Permits and easements need to be signed and on file with UPPCO, when determined necessary by the utility.
- All service construction charges must be paid in advance of construction.
- Notify us when you’ve met the service installation requirements. We will then schedule your service installation. It will typically begin within 10 business days from the date of notification.
If you have any questions, please visit our frequently asked questions.
Please Note: Additional Winter Construction Charges may apply.