historyCollage.psd
This is the anchor location for History. Do Not Delete!

UPPCO – Powering communities. Empowering Lives.

Historical Snapshot

1884

Peninsula Electric Light and Power Company was formed (aka Houghton County Electric Light Company)

1947

Upper Peninsula Power Company was formed through the merger of Houghton County Electric Light Company, Copper District Power Company and Iron Range Light and Power

1998

UPPCO was acquired by Wisconsin Public Service Resources Corporation (Integrys)

2014

UPPCO begins the process of returning to its roots as a stand-alone, U.P. based utility

2017

UPPCO is re-established as a fully independent, U.P. based electric utility