A yearly tune-up of your system improves its efficiency and life span, while keeping you and your family more comfortable. Keep your HVAC system running at peak performance by having a contractor perform annual preseason tune-ups — checking your cooling system in spring (and heating system in fall.)
- Skill Level: Professional
- Make it easy to remember by scheduling maintenance appointments around daylight saving time changes, when you check smoke detectors and perform other household maintenance tasks.
- Cost Range: About $100 + parts
- Semi-annual maintenance is a relatively low-cost investment that makes your equipment last longer and saves energy. Call your local heating/cooling contractor for pricing, but expect each visit to run in the $100 range, not including any needed parts replacements.
- Savings: Up to 10% in costs (includes heating)
- Following a regular maintenance schedule can reduce your annual HVAC costs by 5%-10% and prolong the life of your equipment.