Complete our convenient online applications for the following electric service requests:
- Installing new electric service to your property.
- Upgrading existing electric service at your property.
- Relocating existing electric service at your property.
- Installing yard light(s) at your property.
4 Easy Steps For A Timely Service Installation
- Submit a completed service application at least 2 weeks prior to any excavation.
- Submit a completed Property Site Sketch and Liability Waiver form along with your application, or within 3 business days of submitting your application.
- Prepare your building site. These service installation requirements must be met prior to scheduling your service installation.
- The construction site and building foundation must be back-filled to within 6″ of final grade.
- The service route is to be cleared 10′ wide of brush, building materials, etc.
- The electric meter base must be installed.
- Any private underground facilities must be marked and paths located.
- An Inspection Report from a State of Michigan or county certified electrical inspector needs to be received by UPPCO before energizing the electrical service.
- Easements need to be signed and on file with UPPCO, when determined necessary by the utility.
- All service construction charges must be paid in advance.
- Notify us when you’ve met the service installation requirements. We will then schedule your service installation. It will typically begin within 10 business days from the date of notification.
If you have any questions, please visit our frequently asked questions.
Please Note: Additional Winter Construction Charges will be charged between November 1 and April 15, to help recover the additional costs associated with underground service installation during the winter months.